Dentist

There was actually a time that I loved going to the dentist and was truly excited about it.....I was young, naive, and probably 10! After I had my first crown things drastically changed. Now I get anxious and often wiggle, shake, cry (just a little), and clasp my hands tight in nervousness. The last few days I've noticed some pain in my mouth along with some large holes in my teeth...not good. I'll be the first to admit I eat a LOT of candy and have no problem admitting a LOT of soda as well. Well apparently that along with the fact that I don't floss regularly (usually only when I eat popcorn or when I randomly think to do it), equals tooth decay and lots of it. So here's my two cents...... go to the dentist to have your teeth cleaned regularly, make sure you brush, floss, and use mouthwash (ACT brand is my favorite), it will be much cheaper that way! I believe I will end up having two root canals along with some crowns......one root canal costs nearly $1000!!!!

This is a gross picture but I want you to see what I was up against!


I had already planned a dentist appointment probably two weeks prior to this point, but this is what my mouth looked like when I woke up yesterday morning! I was totally mortified! I've never had anything like this happen to me before! DISGUSTING! That is in fact an infected gumline. Thankfully I found a great dentist (Rod Roark in Fayetteville) and he quickly took care of it by draining it and prescribing me an antibiotic. Today it looks just like normal.....thank goodness!!!!



Comments

Pregnancy destroyed my teeth with my girls. I've had to have at least three cavities filled after their births. (I didn't have any cavities before or in between them. That's how I know.)

Popular Posts