Fitness Friday



If I could shout this from the rooftops you would hear me around the world!

First things first,  please get in the proper shoes.  A trip to Rush Running in Northwest Arkansas and they will hook you up.  I will NEVER run in a regular tennis shoe again.  I used to get shin splints really bad until I finally caved and bought shoes created for runners!

Before you walk in there for your first time repeat this in your head "If you run, you are a runner, it doesn't matter how fast or how far, and it doesn't matter if you started today or you've been running for 20 years. You are a runner!"

When you enter their doors you will say hey my friend suggested I get properly fitted for some running shoes.

They will proceed by taking you to a treadmill and have you start running, try your best to run as you normally would, your steps are being recorded.  They will then show you where your foot lands and suggest the proper type of shoe for you.  (I am in need of a new pair of shoes so my memory is foggy from my last visit but I believe I over pronate).

They will then measure your foot and bring you a good sample of shoes to try on.  At this moment you should get over having "cute" tennis shoes, those are for lifting days or for casual outfits, because running shoes are anything but "cute".

If you buy shoes at Rush Running be prepared to spend over $100.

But you can find some of the top rated running shoes on Amazon for a fraction of that! Bam shipped right to your door in two days time! Hello fellow prime members!


                      

Comments

Popular Posts