Teach me a Thing or Two’sday-

My junior year in high school, I took a psychology course. The first day I walked in, there were four urinals drawn on the board. The teacher proceeded to explain the thought process of which one a man chooses to use when he enters a restroom assuming there are four urinals in operation. 

A. If no one is there, he will typically choose stall 3 or 4 as it is  further from the door. 
B. The next man who walks in will choose at least one away from the other man. If a guy is at 4, he will choose 2 or 1. If he is at 3, his only option is 1. 
C. The next man to come in finds a predicament if slots 1 and 4 are full, because he can’t show preference to either guy by choosing 2 or 3, so he will go to a stall instead and avoid the whole thing. 
D. If three people are using the urinals when guy number 4 enters, he will go with the only open slot. No eye contact, eyes straight ahead or staring up. 

I asked many of my friends at the time if this were true and they all agreed that yes, in fact, it was. So there you have it. The unspoken rule of urination etiquette, courtesy of me teaching you a thing or two today. 

But WAIT WAIT WAIT. That’s not my actual topic (good heavens).  This is only my segway to prove that although I learned in school, there were some pieces of knowledge I regret not have been taught i.e. insurance, taxes, and home loans. I could have benefited from these practical tidbits, which brings me to what I WISH I had also known- how to get your due amount from your OWN insurance company in a car wreck.  
***I’m not a professional in this area and what is listed below is only my opinion on the subject!***

I was the last car in a classic conga-line rear ending this year. I didn’t get a ticket, and I walked away with no injuries. I did what my insurance card said-called my company, reported the wreck, took it to an auto shop, and waited to hear the amount I would receive since I pay for full coverage. The amount I was told was alarmingly low/ my car was in near-perfect condition before the wreck and I was livid. But as my mom says-don’t get mad, get productive!! 

Take photos of your entire car, inside, outside, and under the hood. My company tried to give me a lower amount before the “seats had stains”. They were wrong- the seat COVERS had stains. The seats underneath were flawless. I had photos to prove it. They said there was previous damage and some of the engine was clogged from lack of maintenance. I had kept my receipts from regular oil changes and check ups and I sent them back proving it false. I also realized that the employee I spoke to was in another state and specialized in only these claims. He didn’t care if I stayed as a customer of the company. My own insurance agent, though, did. I shared my concerns and he went to bat for me to keep a customer. Always get your local rep involved and in the loop. Because of those three simple things, I got over $1500 MORE for the value of my car. Share your tips on the comments below! 






Comments

Popular Posts