Mommin’ on a Monday

Happy Monday y’all!
I’m celebrating today cause it’s the last Monday of the school year (of my first year of teaching)!

Today I wanted to tell y’all about my journey through motherhood!

I became a mom when I was 19, just a few months shy of 20. At the time, it didn’t seem young but when I look at my 19 year old niece or 21 year old sister I think whoa, I had a kid at that age?! Haha

As a girl, being a mom was my biggest aspiration. I dreamed about my future family and picked out kids names like everyone else did! Now, with a 6 year old and 3 year old, I couldn’t have imagined this life in a million years! Motherhood is full of love, joy, exhaustion, fear, stress, anxiety, and frustration. Some days feel like I did everything right and I’m raising great kids and other days feel like I’m a total failure as a mom and my kids aren’t gonna grow up to be respectful and successful  adults. Who knows, I can’t worry myself with that just yet. I know right now that all I can do is my best! I will try to teach my kids to be kind, have manners, and show them the fun in playing in the rain and jumping in mud puddles. I also have to teach myself that even through the stitches and skull fractures, I can’t wrap my kids in a bubble! I have to let them be boys and try my best to hide my fear from them. Let me tell you, that is the HARDEST part. I'm trying my best not to raise "woosies" as TW would say, but also teach them that they are surrounded by all the love in the world and that their family is there to support them and kiss their booboo's every step of the way!

Now I want to highlight the FUN part of motherhood. I love Birthday party time! We got to celebrate Sterling’s 6th Birthday this past weekend! We are so grateful to all of our friends and family that show up every year to celebrate! This was also the first year Sterling invited school friends and he had a great turn out! Enjoy some pictures from our fun day!


My sweet boys. Sterling (right) and Paxton (left) 

I was so busy that I forgot to get pictures of Sterling with all of his friends but he had so many of his besties and best cousins show up to show him some love yesterday!

It wouldn't be a Dotson party if somebody wasn't boxing or wrestling. Good news, no one got mad and all relationships are in tact! HA!


Handsome birthday boy and HOT hubby 😜



I hope there’s some moms out there who can relate with my thoughts today!
Thanks for reading!
Ally


Comments

Popular Posts